Iridium PowerExample: IK16
With an Ultra-fine Iridium Alloy Center Electrode Employing a high melting point iridium alloy for the center electrode tip, a fine diameter of 0.4mm has been realized. This fine electrode has led to a lower spark voltage and a large increase in ignitability, which draws even more output and accelerator response from the engine. (Melting Point: Iridium: 2454º C, Platinum: 1769º C).
Iridium Long LifeExample: SK16R-P11, SK20R11, FK20HR11
Developing the world’s pioneering 0.7mm dia. Ultra-fine Iridium alloy, ignitability, and lifetime are improved dramatically.
- With a U-Groove ground electrode, large ignition energy can be obtained, easily igniting even lean mixtures.
- Because it is fully projected (2.5mm insulator projection), carbon fouling is reduced, and smooth starting and acceleration performance is realized.
Iridium TTExample: 1W16TT
- Iridium TT Twin-Tip Technology was developed from the Original Equipment Specification Super Ignition Plug (SIP) design, fusing our patented 0.4mm diameter Iridium- Rhodium alloy Center Electrode with an OE style 0.7mm Platinum Tip Ground Electrode.
- Combines the power and torque of a high-performance plug with the endurance of a long-life original equipment spark plug over 100,000 miles.
Platinum TTExample: PW16TT
- Platinum TT Twin-Tip Technology enables faster flame propagation for more complete combustion.
- 1.1mm PT Center Electrode with a Titanium-Enhanced Tip Ground Electrode.
- Improved Fuel Economy, better acceleration, and faster starts.
Single PlatinumExample: Q20PR-P11, K16PR-TP11
- Only the center electrode is platinum tipped (1.1mm dia) which increases fuel consumption, drivability, and durability
- K16PR-TP11 has had the ground electrode taper cut, further increasing ignitability.
Extended PlatinumExample: PKJ20CR-L11
By extending the spark position into the combustion chamber, the combustion efficiency is increased and fuel consumption and drivability are improved.
Dual Electrode PlatinumExample: PK20TR11
- The parts of the center electrode facing the ground electrodes have been platinum tipped.
- The dual-electrode construction results in a lower required voltage during the plus (+) discharge.
- For Mazda and Mitsubishi Vehicles.KJ20CR11 has no U-groove. KJ20CR-U11 has a U-groove.
Semi-Surface Gap for Rotary EnginesExample: J16AR-U11
- Employing a semi-surface gap discharge, ignitability, fouling resistance, and durability have been increased.
- Reduced voltage loss using a 7-rib design.
ExtendedExample: KJ20CR11, KJ20CR-U11
- Using a U-grooved ground electrode, a large ignition performance is obtained, allowing even lean mixtures to be ignited easily.
- The spark position is extended into the ignition chamber, improving combustion efficiency, fuel consumption, and drivability.
For Mazda and Mitsubishi Vehicles.KJ20CR11 has no U-groove. KJ20CR-U11 has a U-groove.
Iridium Long Life SIP (Super Ignition Plug)Example: FK20HR11, FXE20HR11
- Revolutionary DENSO Needle-to-Needle OE Technology
- Fine wire 0.55mm Iridium Alloy center electrode
- 0.7mm Platinum needle tipped ground electrode
- For exceptional performance and durability
Semi-Surface GapExample: W20EKR-S11, W20EPR-S11
- Using a semi-surface discharge, ignitability and fouling resistance are increased.
- W20EKR-S11 are for Honda vehicles, while W20EPR-S11 are for Mitsubishi vehicles.
Semi-Surface Double ElectrodeExample: W20ETR-S11
- A double ground electrode with a 1mm gap is used and fouling resistance is improved.
- Using a short opposed-type dual ground electrode, excellent durability is obtained.
- Improved ignitability due to full projection.
- Used for Toyota and Daihatsu.
Shrouded Semi-Surface Gap Double ElectrodeExample: K20DTR-S11, W20DTR-S11
- In addition to a semi-surface gap construction, the end of the threaded portion has been extended into the combustion chamber, and a shroud has been attached to improve fouling resistance.
- Used for Daihatsu and Subaru.
Triple ElectrodeExample: K22PB, W20EPB
- Durability is increased with triple ground electrodes.
- For Audi, VW, Citroen, Fiat, Mercedes-Benz, Renault.
Double Platinum for D.I.Example: PK20R-P11
To prevent wear during plus (+) discharge, the size of the platinum has been increased on the ground electrode.